Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Astounding Wolf-Man

I'm reading The Astounding Wolf-Man #3, written by Robert Kirkman and illustrated by Jason Howard.

I've been fan of Kirkman's for a while. Even so, his The Astounding Wolf-Man started out a bit slow for me in issue #1. Number two bit me (sorry) in the last panel, and issue three gets smartly complex, with great visuals and composition.

There are some domestic scenes that I'm not sure why I find so compelling; maybe it's because they juxtapose so well with the supernatural backdrop.

Dialogue layout continues to be a little wonky, with a few balloons laid our weirdly so that I'm not sure which to read first. That's a basic that should be fixed, because it yanks me out of story-mode, and into critical mode.

Otherwise, it's a great series so far.

No comments: