Friday, May 11, 2007

Astonishing X-Men #21

OK, I like Joss Whedon. And the last several issues of Astonishing X-Men have been OK, but I've been OK with the impending end of his run on the book.

Then I get ish #21.

Now I'm not so OK with him being done.

The depth and quality of the dialogue pulls full back (using a jet, or perhaps X-Wing, metaphor), and the plot twists and possibilities run hot and heavy (and that language is intentional).

Thick, solid issue, good cliff-hanger, and I'm even willing to forgive the red herring Armor cover.
The banter between airborne Cyke and Emma is top-notch (from an execution pespective), and some of the other quotes in the book are rattling about me noggin:

"But I don't think compassion is a sin. I think it may be a mutation."

"You're amoral, your abrasive, and right now you're looking at me like a taun-taun."

Good stuff ...

No comments: